U.S. SOCCER FAN MEMBERS AWARDED NATIONAL COUNCIL VOTE
U.S. Soccer's National Council approved a by-law amendment that gives those in U.S. Soccer's Membership Program (officially referred to in the by-laws as Individual Sustaining Members) a vote on the Federation's National Council. Details will be announced in the near future as to how fan representation will be elected to the National Council.
The approved by-law amendment will grant fan members the following voting rights:
- Members will elect representative(s) to the National Council.
- Representative(s) will attend the U.S. Soccer Annual General Meeting and have a vote at the National Council meeting.
The fan representative(s) will vote as part of the National Council on the following governance authorities:
- The election of the President and Vice President of the Federation.
- The election of the three Independent Directors to the Board.
- Approval of the budgets of the Federation.
- The adoption of amendments to the articles of incorporation, bylaws and policies of the Federation.